ECMO society of India (ESOI) established in September 2010. The head office of the society is in Mumbai. Society conducts Biannual training course & conferences in various parts of India since the time of Inception.
Aims of the Society
- Spread of science of ECMO in India
- Spreading the knowledge amongst intensivists, pediatricians, Cardiac surgeon,Cardiologist & Physician about the indication & utility of this science
- Training Medical & paramedical staff for operating ECMO & make ECMO specialist & team
- Make common platform for interaction for those who are doing ECMO or planning to start the program
- To make standard protocols & Guidelines for ECMO in India
Helping upcoming centre for establishing ECMO program
- To have common data registry of ECMO cases in India (like ELSO)
- Publish Indian data 6 monthly & learning from the mistakes.
- Publish Indian data in International societies
- To get ECMO specialist as a recognized course
- To decrease the cost of disposables of ECMO from government
- To organise continuing medical education and training programmes, meetings and conferences in ECMO.
- To seek affiliation with national and international associations and societies or similar bodies to achieve the objectives of the Society.